Second Act Ministries (Mature Adults) is "Giving Christ our best during the second act of life." Second Act Ministries, our name for Senior Adult Ministries, is open to members and friends of First Baptist Church who are 55 years or older and retired or semi-retired adults.
Through rich fellowship, fun activities, spiritual nurture and engaging mission and ministry opportunities, we hope to show that retirement isn't a season to be dreaded but a door to new opportunities and adventures. The following is a sample of opportunities for those in the second act of life.
Fellowship & Fun
- Second Act Luncheons (2nd Mondays from Sept.-June at 10:30 a.m.)- programs include inspiration and information plus a great luncheon
- Monthly outings and day trips
- Spiritual nurture
- Bible Study retreats
- Special worship services and training opportunities
- Ministry and Mission
- Care and contact to the Homebound
- Hospice House Ministry
- Meals on Wheels
- Partnership with a local elementary school
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Senior Adult Ministry, please send us a message below and we will be in contact with you.