Access Ministry exists to facilitate inclusion inside the life of the church for individuals with special needs and their families.
- Disability awareness and etiquette training for the church leadership and congregation
- Assistance for families in determining best classroom placement for loved one with special needs
- Assistance for teachers in developing accommodations for additional needs and providing supports when necessary to ensure inclusion whenever possible
- Education of differing needs for youth group and children to help them better understand and interact with their friends with disabilities.
- Encouragement to those with special needs to discover spiritual gifts and look for opportunities where they can use those gifts.
- A means for engaging socially through our Access Club and Circle of Friends classes
- A chance to study God’s Word
ACCESS CLUB: a bimonthly community outreach ministry with individuals, 13 years and older, who have differing mental and physical needs. It is a time of FUN and fellowship. Trips into the community to experience living life to the fullest are a part of this loving ministry. Mentors provide acceptance, friendship and the gift of time and love.
ACCESS SUNDAY SCHOOL: New class beginning Sun., September 2. We meet weekly at 9:45 in Room 302 of the main church building.
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS: Young adults, 16 years and older, with intellectual disabilities will gather on Wednesday nights to worship, study God’s Word, and engage in service opportunities. Mentors provide one-on-one, personal and meaningful relationships and are the key to this caring ministry. Classes resume August 30 with a water party. Participants will need swimsuits and towels. Room 107, 5:30-7:30 p.m. ALL OTHER WEDNESDAY NIGHT CLASSES will be from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
HAPPINESS RETREAT: A three day, two night summer retreat for people with developmental disabilities. The retreat has gathered annually since 1974 and is located at Caraway Conference Center. Last year, we were some of the 800 youth and adults that attended one of the four sessions of the Happiness Retreat. Dates for 2018 are August 1-3. You can visit www.ncbaptist.org/happiness to find out more.